Jun 3, 2012

Old Age

Old Age


So, here are a few verses from Scripture concerning old age:



Isaiah 46:4 (NIV) “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”



Proverbs 16:31 (NIV) “Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.”



Leviticus 19:32 “Rise in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly.”



Job 32:7 “Age should speak; advanced years should teach wisdom.”



Isaiah 46:3b-4a “I have created you and cared for you since you were born. I will be your God through all your lifetime, Yes, even when your hair is white with age. I made you and I will care for you.”



Psalms 143:5 I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.



Deut. 32:7a Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations.



Psalms 92:14a they shall still bring forth fruit in old age



Psalms 71:9 Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.



Psalms 7l: 17-18
Oh God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have showed thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come.



Psalm 71: 17-18 NIV
Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.



Job 12:12 (NASB) Wisdom is with aged men, With long life is understanding.”



You Are So Blessed John 3:16

by Wayne Bolan

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who won’t survive the week.

 If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 20 million people around the world.

If you attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than almost three billion people in the world.

If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.

If your parents are still married and alive, you are very rare, especially in the United States.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can hold someone’s hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer God’s healing touch.

If you can read this message, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read anything at all.

You are so blessed in ways you may never even know.