Jul 12, 2009

*God : Names of God






This video includes the names for
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit

God : Names of God

 Adonai - Hebrew: אֲדֹנָי  
Lord in our English Bibles (Capital letter 'L ', lower case, 'ord')
(Adonai is plural, "Masters'' or "Lords". Always plural when referring to God. The sing. is "adon". When sing. the reference is to a human lord.) ( "The Lord our Sovereign" ?)
Adonai-Jehovah - The Lord our Sovereign

Ehyeh asher ehyeh - Hebrew: אהיה אשר אהיה

In English "I AM THAT I AM" that I AM WHO I AM"



 El - Hebrew: אל  
God ("mighty, strong, prominent") 

El-Elyon - The Lord Most High
El-Olam - The Everlasting God


El Shaddai - Hebrew: אל שַׁדַּי
"God Almighty" or "God All Sufficient"


Elohim (Hebrew: אלהים).
God (a plural noun, more than two, used with singular verbs)


Ehyeh asher ehyeh  - Hebrew  אהיה אשר אהיה
In English "I AM THAT I AM" that I AM WHO I AM"





JEHOVAH:  
LORD in our English Bibles (all capitals). Yahweh is the covenant name of God. From the verb "to be", havah, similar to chavah (to live), "The Self-Existent One," "I AM WHO I AM" or 'I WILL BE WHO I WILL BE" as revealed to Moses at the burning bush, Ex.3. The name of God, too sacred to be uttered, abbreviated ( . . . . ) or written "YHWH" without vowel points. The tetragrammaton.
Jehovah-Elohim - The Eternal Creator
JEHOVAH-JIREH: "The Lord will Provide." or " The Lord our Provider" Gen. 22:14. From "jireh" ("to see" or "to provide," or to "foresee" as a prophet.) God always provides, adequate when the times come.

Jehovah-Nissi - The Lord our Banner
 
JEHOVAH-ROPHE:      "The Lord Who Heals" or "The Lord our Healer" From "rophe" ("to heal"); implies spiritual, emotional as well as physical healing.

Jehovah-Shalom - The Lord our Peace
Jehovah-Tsidkenu - The Lord our Righteousness
Jehovah-Mekaddishkem - The Lord our Sanctifier
Jehovah-Sabaoth - The Lord of Hosts
Jehovah-Shammah - The Lord is Present
Jehovah-Rohi - The Lord our Shepherd
Jehovah-Hoseenu - The Lord our Maker
Jehovah-Eloheenu - The Lord our God


YHWH / Yahweh / Jehovah (MP3 - 4.31 MB)
Exodus 3: 13 - And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 - And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. 15 - And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.


Adonai

Elohim

I AM